Bethany Baptist Association
Learn more about our alliance with Bethany Baptist Association.
Alliance With Bethany Baptist Association
History of Camp Cedar Knoll
Camp Cedar Knoll has been divided up in several ways over the years, but it remains about 45 acres of land that was once part of a plantation of 316 acres that was owned by Captain William Price of the Revolutionary War. Prior to March 1, 1783 – sometime before May 20, 1788, Aaron Learning owned the Price Plantation of 316 acres plus other land. He purchased the whole of his land in two parcels; one part from Lawrence and William Peterson, and the other part from the Council of Proprietors. This property contained the whole of Camp Cedar Knoll, as well as other land, and stretched from the northeast side of the Maurice River, including both the northwest side and the southeast side of
Menantico Creek in both Millville and Maurice River Townships and east of Camp Cedar Knoll. On the west of the Menantico Creek, Camp Cedar Knoll was bordered on the north of Rawson’s line, on the west by a swamp, and on the south by Scot’s line, it then crossed the creek, all the way east of Camp Cedar Knoll, and contained land which was afterwards owned by Rebecca J. Wynn.